Call for Artist Expressions of Interest
Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation, in partnership with Victoria Police, with representatives from Wodonga Police, is looking to engage an Aboriginal artist who lives, works and/or connects with the Albury-Wodonga Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Road to Respect is an initiative, to commission a local Aboriginal artist, to design and create a concept/artwork, that will be vinyl wrapped onto Wodonga Police vehicles. The concept will represent the positive relationship between the Albury-Wodonga Aboriginal Community and Wodonga Police, and will be the first in Victoria to be displayed on Police Vehicle/s.
- For artists interested the project offers the following:
- An opportunity to contribute to positive connections between Victoria Police and the local Aboriginal Community.
- Participation in a state-first initiative.
- The opportunity to have your design displayed throughout collaborative projects between Mungabareena and Victoria Police.
- The successful applicant will be commissioned to create & design an artwork, which will be turned into a vinyl wrap/s.
- The artist fee is $3,500 and is inclusive of, but limited too, concept development, materials, potential digitisation cost and insurance.
- Commission a local Aboriginal artist, to create & design a concept/artwork that depicts the positive relationship between Victoria police and the Aboriginal community to be displayed on up to three Wodonga police vehicles.
20 January 2019: EOI process opens
7 February 2020: EOI process closes
21 February 2020: Successful artist to be notified
28 February 2020: Artist brief and design
23 March 2020: Design completed
17 April 2020: Community event to unveil vehicle
Note: The above dates are proposed only and are negotiable.
How to apply:
Submit an Expression of Interest to Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation or Victoria Police, including:
- Images of recent artworks, 5 maximum (electronic files preferred);
- An up-to-date CV with current contact details; and,
- An artist statement or letter of introduction including what has inspired you to be a part of the project
Expressions of Interest close at 5pm on February 7, 2020.
Submissions and enquiries to:
Family Violence Support Worker
Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation
Phone: (02) 6024 7599