About the Corporation
Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation (MAC) is a Community Controlled Organisation and provides a range of services for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people living within the Ovens Murray region.
Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation was established in 1994 by local Aboriginal community members with the aim of having a healthy and proud community through motivation, education and cultural acknowledgement and giving a sense of belonging.
Under general direction, the Local Justice Worker seeks to contribute to improved justice outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People who reside in the Ovens Murray region. The purpose of the role is to aim for diversion of aboriginal people from Criminal Justice systems by promoting social inclusion within their families and the wider community.
The role involves working collaboratively to provide support, assist with referrals and care planning for clients with justice related issues. These key functions help to properly assess the local needs for facilitating outcomes that increase likelihood of meeting obligations and improved reform.
The role will contribute positively to local efforts by liaising with Justice related agencies, and business units so to improve the justice outcomes for Aboriginal People. Additionally, you will participate in meetings, represent on committees, and attend events to support and strengthen the programs within the community.
- Cert IV Community Services or relevant with working experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures preferably with established links to the local community
- A current Driver’s Licence
- A current Victorian Working with Children Check and an ability to maintain currency over the duration of employment.
- A current National Police Check
Key Selection Criteria
- A sound knowledge of the relevant legislations governing the justice systems.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation, consultation, and advocacy skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging behaviours of individuals and groups.
- Willingness and commitment to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and deliver services to the whole community.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills that are readily understood by the intended audience, are culturally appropriate and of professional manner.
- Computer literacy and ability to use computer applications to generate reports and assist with basic research and collection of data.
- Competitive salary package with salary packaging options.
- Wellbeing RDO
- Christmas and New Year period gifted.
- Culturally safe and inclusive work environment.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities and support.
- Access to laptop, mobile phone, and flexible work arrangements.
- Free and confidential Employment Assistance Program and more.
APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
Applicants are required to request a Position Description for the role and submit a brief cover letter and resume.
Applicants should also address the selection criteria, setting out how they meet the essential and desirable requirements of the role. This should not exceed 5 pages.
Applications are open until successfully filled.
Applications can be submitted via email: email@example.com however it is encouraged you apply via seek.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.