Contact: Program Manager
Aims to work with Aboriginal Youth who have been in contact with or are at risk of encountering the Justice system. Youth are supported through the Corporation and externally, through a variety of culturally appropriate programs and services within the region.
The program ensures that young people are connected to the supports and services they require.
The Youth Justice support worker advocates and supports clients by:
- Attending court appearances,
- Assisting to carry out mandated Youth Justice orders,
- Connect young people to family,
- Work with agencies such as, DHHS, Youth Justice, Junction Support services, Employment agencies, Corrections, Schooling, and Health agencies.
- Providing access to Mentoring and Youth programs.
The Youth Justice program also provides individualized supports and case management duties for Young people where required.