Housing at Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation
Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation has a small number of properties which are considered as subsidised social housing. The Housing Officer supports Koori families with their housing needs and assisting tenants to maintain their tenancy. Service delivery of high-quality tenancy and property management for Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation is carried out ensuring relevant legislation, regulations, organisational policies, and procedures are followed. The Housing Officer also manages the related property maintenance and administrative functions.
People interested in applying for one of these properties must complete a housing application, once completed the applicant is placed onto the Housing List and are prioritised from time to time as and when required, through a formal allocation process as per the Housing Allocations Policy. All allocations are confirmed by the Board of Directors.
Mungabareena Aboriginal Housing Eligibility
To be eligible for Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation Housing you must meet the following basic criteria requirements
- Applicant must be aged 18 years or older.
- Applicant must be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person or;
- A member of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander household.
- Applicant must be a member of Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation for a minimum period of 3 months.
- Applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanently residing in Australia.
Community members who have the capacity to obtain housing privately, or through a real estate are encouraged to refrain from applying with Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation.
Want to know more?
(02) 6024 7599
My work hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
or download the Mungabareena Aboriginal Housing Application form.