About the Corporation
Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation (MAC) is a Community Controlled Organisation and provides a range of services for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people living within the Ovens Murray region.
MAC was established in 1994 by Local Aboriginal Community members with the aim to have a healthy and proud community through motivation, education and cultural acknowledgment and giving a sense of belonging.
This is a position that engages with Aboriginal families living in the Ovens Murray region who may be experiencing Family or Domestic Violence, while ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children in their care. You will work with other staff at MAC and other services delivered in the Ovens Murray region to facilitate the provision of innovative, diverse, and culturally appropriate approaches that ensures best outcomes for all residents/families impacted by family and domestic violence.
For the full list of position responsibilities please obtain the Position Description for this role.
- Role model high standards of professional practice and conduct in client service delivery, working in partnership with colleagues and external agencies.
- Work with staff at MAC programs to ensure consistent advice and support is provided to families.
- Support MAC to deliver culturally safe and inclusive family violence service and where appropriate provide secondary consultations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate as required in program planning, policy development, review, evaluation, and implementation relating to prevention, support, and awareness of domestic and family violence.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with community agencies and services.
- Participate in formal supervision for the purposes of personal, professional development and program enhancement.
- Maintain client records and provide timely reports to MAC management and funding bodies.
- Identify and prepare funding submissions for community-based programs or services, prepare reports to funding bodies, and acquit funding applications.
- Participate in team meetings and strategic planning for future directions being undertaken by MAC.
- Demonstrated Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and have established links with the local community.
- A relevant qualification or similar discipline, with relevant experience.
- Specialist knowledge and experience working in family and domestic violence support services.
- Experience of risk assessment and risk management frameworks in a family and domestic violence context.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills that is readily understood by the intended audience.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the various service systems that client’s interface with and the advocacy required in these systems.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and always remain impartial.
- A sound knowledge of resources and services available in the community with respect to family and domestic violence, crisis interventions, child protection, health, legal, income security, disability and housing.
Applying for this role
For further information on this role, please contact the office on (02) 6024 7599.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and address the selection criteria with statements against the essential requirements of the role. This should not exceed 5 pages. Applicants should include the names of two work related referees who have supervised the applicant, who can be contacted following the interview process to comment upon the applicant’s employment and work performance.
Applications are open until the position is successfully filled.
Applications can be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
However, it is encouraged that you apply via seek.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.