About the Corporation
Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation (MAC) is a Community Controlled Organisation and provides a range of services for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people living within the Ovens Murray region.
At Koori First Steps Pre-school we aim to provide children with high-quality Pre-school programs that will support their cultural identity and build their self confidence that will provide them with a solid foundation for life-long learning. We aim to build strong relationships and connections with our families.
Under general direction of the Preschool Director, the Koori First Steps (KFS) Educator will provide culturally sensitive and culturally proud early childhood educational services for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children aged 3 – 4 years. As well as early childhood support for parents/caregivers and the staff of Koori First Steps Preschool. The KFS Educator assists and prioritises communication (language development), wellbeing (social and emotional) and access and inclusion.
Koori First Steps is a small preschool, where the role of the KFS Educator, under the direction of Preschool Director and Support Teacher, will utilise their educational skills and knowledge to assist with the delivery of preschool appropriate programming that supports the development of the children’s foundational key skills to assist their transition into kindergarten. The KFS Educator role will include preparation of activities, general cleanliness, safety of the service and the packing away of equipment and materials as directed. This person will be integral to the MAC team and will work with a highly motivated team to achieve better educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities ensuring a quality education experience that is grounded in culture, is delivered to the children.
This role goes beyond in that it’s about working with our team of dedicated educators, learning about, and celebrating Aboriginal culture and being a valued, active member of the wider Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation family.
- Diploma of Children Services (or Higher)
- Current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificates.
- Food Handling Certificate
- A current Driver’s Licence.
- A current Victorian Working with Children Check.
- A current Victorian Police Check.
- An understanding of or genuine willingness to learn about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to problem solve, negotiate, and resolve concerns and conflict.
- Experience working with children with additional needs.
- Experience working in Aboriginal community-controlled settings.
- Knowledge of health and wellbeing issues that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities face.
Key Selection Criteria
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills that is readily understood by the intended audience.
- Experience in a kindergarten environment, working within a strength-based and family centered approach.
- Desire to develop warm, respectful, and positive relationships with staff, children, and families.
- A genuine passion for creating a safe, secure, culturally appropriate, and nurturing environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage sensitive information, maintain confidentiality and always remain impartial.
- Have a well-developed understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and National Regulations.
- Competitive salary package with salary packaging options.
- Wellbeing Initiatives!
- Christmas and New Year period gifted.
- Culturally safe and inclusive work environment.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities and support.
- Access to laptop, mobile phone, and flexible work arrangements.
- Free and confidential Employment Assistance Program and more.
APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
Applicants are required to request a Position Description for the role and submit a brief cover letter and resume. Applicants can request the Position Description from Preschool Director; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should also address the selection criteria, setting out how they meet the essential and desirable requirements of the role. This should not exceed 5 pages.
Applications are open until successfully filled.
Applications can be submitted via email: email@example.com however it is encouraged you apply via seek.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.